Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Creative Phase

So, its been a while but I've been busy doing up some designs.



This was my first concept. It was inspired by some tutorials I was doing over the summer from the website http://www.psdtuts.com/. The image seen in the logo here was not my own. It was borrowed from an image I found while searching for inspiration for the purpose of getting an initial concept.



Having run out of ideas to get my first concept the way I wanted it I decided to move on rather than run it into the ground. I was quite happy with my second layout, but my supervisor encouraged me to opt for something a bit more challenging and innovative.



This was my first attempt at coming up with something slightly different to the normal website layout. I wasn't exactly delighted with it but felt that it was a step in the right direction.



Having taken a break from designing for a few days this concept popped into my head. I immediately grabbed a pen and paper and sketched it down. This was the first draft I made up from my sketch (which I'll post as soon as I scan it in).



I developed my original "TV's Interface" concept and am finally at the stage where I'm quite happy with it. I intend to develop it a little more but I am currently ok with using this concept for my project (unless I change my mind again in the next few weeks). My intention is to have it as a dynamic flash interface. When you click on a TV it will expand to fill the screen and display the contents of the page. I was kind of banking on using my current HTML and CSS knowledge, but this route will mean I'll have to use flash and actionscript heavily.

Quote of the day:
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'
---Homer Simpson.

No comments: