Thursday, November 27, 2008



Here's the sketch I promised. Just took a snap of it with my webcam. This is what I started out with for my latest layout. Check out Tuesday's post to see how it progressed from this (the last two images). Sorry if the order of my image uploads is a bit messed up. This is what happens when you're working from two different counties!

I've been trying to upload an animated GIF but have been having difficulty with it for some reason. I'll try get it working soon. It basically portrays an idea have for a rollover state on the TV screens. When you hover the curser over the telly, the image on screen distorts and the background flickers (Kind of like static on a TV).

I still kind of feel like my design is missing something but can't figure out what. I don't want to spoil the simplicity of it with too many extra graphics, but I feel like it's a bit lifeless and doesn't really indicate thet the site is for Music Videos. Maybe it needs some guitars and turntables, etc. I'll play around with it when I get a chance, but there's a a great big wall of JAVA between now and my next design session.

Oh ya, I've also been thinking of adding sound effects to the site to make it a bit more dynamic. I'll check it out and see if it's feasible.

Quote of the day:
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
- John Lennon

No comments: