Monday, October 6, 2008

So I put Forward my initial, proposal and it has been accepted. My aim is to create an online facility for musicians to create their own music videos using personal video clips and photos (e.g. from a camera phone). They can take this footage upload it to my site and then mix it with some video loops created by me. The user will be able to alter the transparency of each layer and add different effects and loops in order to create a unique piece. Once finished the user can download the video their desktop and then go on to put it on the profile of their social networking homepages, or distribute it any way they like.

Inspiration for my site comes from my new found interest in VJing. A VJ is a performance artist who creates moving visual art (often video) on large displays or screens, often at events such as concerts, nightclubs and music festivals, and usually in conjunction with other performance art. This results in a live, multimedia performance that can include music, actors or dancers as well as live and pre-recorded video.

I intend to use the styles of some of the VJ's I have seen when creating video clips for musicians to mix with their own media.

I have encountered a number of open source video editing programs which may come in handy but I am unsure if I am going to take this route. I still don't know how complex the code will be and I'm slightly clueless about how I'm going to put it together. So if anybody has any suggestions, drop me a line.

Quote of the Day:
We become what we behold. We shape our tools and then our tools shape us.
---Marshall Mcluhan.

No comments: